Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kanha ke geet Bhajan


I have been away for a really long while and no, simply no, reasons can justify my separation( atleast neglectfulness)of dearest Krishna. I have finally composed a bhajan with very incomplex lyrics which jump straight into getting the literal point across.One or two lines are stolen from somewhere (what could I do; it fit so impeccably in the tune!?!). This bhajan however, is not too fancy as is conventional with my other ones because this time around, I was trying to sing to Krishna exactly what my mind and heart spoke, and it spoke this," Everything about Kanha is sweet, because He, himself is so sweet!"

Here it goes . . .

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kanha ke geet madhuram hai
Kanha svayam madhuram hai,
Nainon mein raho mere sada
Mann be baso, Oh sanwara!
Kanha ke geet . . .

Kya jaanu kabse juda janmo ka yeh bandhan,
Prem se joda hai tujhse preet ka daman.
Hai nahi jeevan mein tere bin koi umang,
Hoth kehna paaye par, kehe raha hai mann
Kanha Kanha...Mere Kanha!!
Kanha ka prem madhuram hai
Kanha svayam madhuram hai

Main teri sar-ankhon par sada rahi, Giridhar
Kya karu bayyaan teri daya ka sagar?
Chhod kar jawoo tujhe toh kaha rahungi?
Kanha ke sharan bin marjawungi.
Kanha Kanha...Mere Kanha!!
Kanha ka sang madhuram hai
Kanha svayam madhuram hai

*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*.

5 comments:

  1. Hey guys, if I find time, I will present an english translation to this :)
    Jay Shri Krishna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @tanvee: absolute bliss!!
    i know what you meant when you said this one was not quite "intricate" as your works usually are.
    But they revolve around the "centrepoint" so sweetly, that it is like taking in an intoxicating amount of "madhuram".
    So, thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanveee...,

    Wow....! I think this is the best bhajan(according to me) of yours...the simplest reason for saying this is just that I could understand every single word & so I could NJOYYYYY the entire bhajan....:-)))) Perhaps Krishna wanted me to njoy this so from within you he wrote a simple(in terms of Hindi not the meaning of the bhajan) one:-)) Thanks TanveeKrishna:-)

    Beautiful:-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Bhajan as well reminded me of "Madhurashtakkam" :-) Ohh such a blissful one---its a sanskrit song(I believe)...it starts like this...

    Adharam(lips) madhuram vadhanam(face) madhuram
    Nayanam(eyes) madhuram hasitham(smile) madhuram
    hridhayam(heart) madhuram gamanam(gait) madhuram
    madhuradhipather(king of sweetness) akhilam (everything about u is sweet) madhuram.....

    The entire song is filled with ectasy:-) Hope u guys have listened...what abt u ILWK? If u guys hadn't, I shall have the song posted here...

    Thanks Tanvee dear:-))

    ReplyDelete