Monday, September 12, 2011

Sundar chhabi bhajan . . .(Having seen your beautiful countenance)

Imagine you have the utmost fortune and privilege to be a Gopi of Vrindavan who is profoundly in love with Krishna, and Krishna too in love with you...what more do you ask for??
~*~*~
The impulse to compose this bhajan came from a very strange incident. I was walking to my room to get something and just as I was about to open the partially closed door, through a narrow gap from the cringe I noticed someone Handsome...As if gazing at me and anticipating my arrival with eager eyes (wow). It was nobody else but my very own Kanha idol....(sighs).I decided to play some more games with Him. So I kept catching glimpses of Him and giving some in return through that tinny-winny gap and before you know it, I went into a trance...the "gopi trance". I started to fantasize a gopi like me who could have done the same millenniums back . Suddenly, My fantasies began to acquire poetic words and here is the little piece of dream in my/Gopi's words.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sundhar chhabi dekhi teri,
Wahi thamgayi ankhein meri.
Huwi meh Krishna deewani,
Mohan maya se gheri.

Chhup chhup dekhe mohe, meh bhi usseh dekhu
Tirchi najariyaa se, laakh baatein kehdu.
Areh reh sharmawoo, woh muskaaye
Bansi bajaa ke, mohe uksaaye.
Haiye marjawu - dil haaru- rehejaawu prem nagri.
. . .Jag dodha, meh wahi theheri,
Preet laagi re badi gheheri.
Huwi meh Krishna deewani,
Mohan maya se gheri.

Tere samaksh meh, bol na payee
Padh chehere ko, samajh judayee.
Janamo se nainaa, tujhpe bichhe hai,
Aabhijao ab, pran tadpe hai!
Chal udjaaye - khojaaye- Hojaaye hum ek jaan.
. . . Kitne janam jiye zeheri,
Taardo ab no karo deri.
Huwi meh Krishna deewani,
Mohan maya se gheri.


Mann aangan mein, basgaya sanwaraa,
Vanmaali ka, huwa mann banwara .
Khoyi khoyi duniya mein, Hum rehte hai,
Kahe mangu swarg jo, Kanha milte hai ??!
Meh yahi mangu - yahi chaahu - sang tera ab sadaa.
. . . Tum ho mere, meh hoon teri,
Teri hi naam ki mala pheheri.
Huwi meh Krishna deewani,
Mohan maya se gheri.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you guys enjoyed my ...erm...Daydream? ( That too, a beautiful one!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION ( esp for LUEN) :)
This eng poem is like word to word so it might sound "un-rhythmic ". I have tried to make it like a cool translation but forgive me for errors, kindly :)
Love you all


Having seen Your beautiful countenance,
My eyes have come to a standstill.
Enamored of Krishna, I am now.
Surrounded with His Maya, I am now.


Stealthily He looks at me, Stealthily I look at Him,
With coquettish eyes, we convey a million whims.
Oh man I blush! and He smiles teasingly,
Gets me enticed, playing His flute lovingly.
Oh I surrender - I succumb - I reside, in His loveland.
. . .The world proceeded, but here I remain in enchantment
'Coz infinitely deep to Him, is my attachment.
Enamored of Krishna, I am now.
Surrounded with His Maya, I am now.


Incapable I was, in conversing my inhibitions,
Read my face, acknowledge this separation.
From genesis, my eyes were fixed on You,
Arrive O Beloved, now life yearns for You!
Come let's soar - let's vanish - let's unite, into one being.
. . .Many poisonous lives I have bore,
Liberate me now, delay no more.
Enamored of Krishna, I am now.
Surrounded with His Maya, I am now.


That Black One is housed, within my heart's chamber
Mad are my senses, for that garland wearer.
In a spellbound realm, we both dwell now
Why wish for heaven, when Krishna is with me right now?!!
I only beseech - only desire - only want Him, forever!
. . .I am Yours, and You are mine
Only your name, I chant all the time
Enamored of Krishna, I am now.
Surrounded with His Maya, I am now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

phew....That was mission! Hope u guys liked it though! :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Tanvee..,

    Sweet one!!!
    \Huwi meh Krishna deewani/ ---hehe No escaping from his love-dipped, heart piercing glimpses!!!!!!

    ohh that would have been a very sweet & lovelyyyyy moment indeed:-)))

    Somehow in this particular piece...I couldn't follow many words...:-( was it Urdu or pure Hindi? no- generally I follow ur poems pretty well except for few words here & there but the same wasn't the case with this particular blog! sorry re....so cudn't njoy it thoroughly :-((( the loss is mine!

    But totally liked all about the scenario & the feel:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LUEN: Well thanks a lot firstly for understanding the emotion behind this poem coz really, that's all that matters. I know this must have been hard for you coz it has some very deep hindi words and hmm, and very few modern hindi words (mix of hind-urdu) like ," zeheri", "judayee" etc etc
    Soo, this is what i have decided to do since i was pretty much leisurely when I read your reply - to translate it into an eng poem for you!! Yeah, dont be too excited coz it wont be as poetic as an expert's. (hint hint!! ;) But I will try with good hopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweeeeeeeeeet(a thousand Es there) of U tanvee:-)))) Thanks a lot:-)) Am soo sorry I borrowed a lot of time from U......

    Lovely lovely...infact when I read it I too visualized U as one of the gopikas in Vrindhavan...U have sooo well penned ur feelings:-)) Ahhh we r all so lucky to revel in his relationship like this...Only with his grace we have this sweet relationship & sweet feelings towards him:-))

    Really njoyed !!!

    ILWK- ??? come on ..join the club!!.....busybee, its weekend don't get up at 6 & go to college!!!!!!...lolzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tanvee: i read the post long back :)
    Sorry for the late comment..
    Unlike Aka, i had no problem with the Hindi. It was the emotions that go me feeling all so guilty.
    For quite some time, i have found myself devoting lesser time to Him. It was almost non-existent the past week and i was in a horrible state of despair.
    And then i read ur poem, and i began crying my heart out.
    i couldnt really bring myself to comment, so that's y i didn't.

    //Sundhar chhabi dekhi teri,
    Wahi thamgayi ankhein meri.
    Huwi meh Krishna deewani,
    Mohan maya se gheri.//

    *Sighes* *Sighs again!* :(((

    //Chhup chhup dekhe mohe, meh bhi usseh dekhu
    Tirchi najariyaa se, laakh baatein kehdu.
    Areh reh sharmawoo, woh muskaaye
    Bansi bajaa ke, mohe uksaaye.//

    Oh! *Sighs again!*
    Sometimes, i am so jealous of my friends who flaunt their boyfriends. They blush a deep scarlet in front of that person, and keep talking about the guy.
    And, i have like the best guy in the whole world as my Lord, and yet, i must hide my blush.
    i must preserve my heart from exposure, lest it's labelled mad.
    i can't hold His hand and laze away in the garden.
    Even though i am lost thinking of Him, i can't lose myself by leaning on His chest.
    Not yet atleast... :(
    oh yes, i definitely miss Him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LUEN: No no the pleasure was mine! In fact, I need to thank you for making me do this! (coz i thoroughly enjoyed it!) And i am absolutely glad that u liked :)

    @ILWK: haha, what is this that keeps happenin with you, lol?! It's like u and Him play more games than I do!
    But, jokes apart, I feel the same way many a times. I feel like i could hug him real tight and cry on his shoulders etc etc But then i come to realize that for the time being i can only imagine this and not feel in person.

    In your own words ILWK......He has taken an individual, unique form for each one of us and He will come to receive us with open arms one day (**sighs**).....nisandeh!
    Good day sweety :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. //haha, what is this that keeps happenin with you, lol?! It's like u and Him play more games than I do!//
    :)
    @tanvee: No, it just shows how insincere i can be, and yet, how forgiving and nice He can be to still be there to occupy my thoughts :)
    How naive my inconsistencies can be, and how our Lord just smiles and calls us to Him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i am jealous with you two...why i can't have the same feelings...:'(

    ReplyDelete