Saturday, October 1, 2011

A silly episode!

Hello All,

Happy Navarathri to ALL:-))

I was not in a position to visit our blog-space for a long time yet I kept thinking about our dear "All About Krishna" site yes only because its ALL ABOUT HIM & my dear friends who love HIM more than anything!

I feel like sharing an episode which is happening at present in my home....ya well how can anything be NOT about him???

As you all know am married and settled here in Chennai & I have a sister-in-law who lives in Chennai ofcourse she lives quite away from our place. She is hmmmm a nice person but at times it takes quite a lot of effort to make things work. However I Love her & ALL sincerely. When my lovable Lord resides in my heart how can my heart not Love anyone?

Couple of days back we learned from my mother-in-law that my sister-in-laws' husband has got a chance to pursue his higher studies abroad. He may have to be away from India for 2 whole yrs. The situation is such that He can't earn much when he studies there & it won't be sufficient enough for them to set a family there. Theirs was a love marriage and my SIL is not in good terms with her in-laws for her to go and stay there. So everything narrowed down to a point wherein my MIL indirectly kept saying she(SIL) might as well join us in our family for 2 yrs. I will certainly have to be honest here when I say I totally HATED that idea!!!!! My husband too finds it difficult to handle her so he was reluctant to have her here with us. He indirectly kept refusing the idea by telling my MIL.., " ASK her to leave along with her husband!! She can search for a job there...." Ya he never gave his consent for her to stay here which brought little peace in my heart.

For my MIL my husband is GOD! She can never act against his will or against his likes......so she was kind of in a pickle. All these things kept really itching me....because everyday I try my BEST to be a good DIL, good wife, good daughter over all a good human being to please my LORD. Ya its soooooooooooooooo easy to say...."Whats the big deal? invite her and live happily with her hehehehe" but you know reality isn't that easy!! perhaps had she been a sweet person situation would have been totally different. Anyway I kept discussing everything with my Krishna in my room ofcourse I always whisper am used to it now. Then I kept thinking..."What the hell am I doing? How can a female be alone for 2 years all by herself? & being a Krishna bakthai How can I let that happen?"

Lord Rama welcomed Vibishana despite the fact that he was an asura(in the rival grp) so sweetly the moment Vibhishana seeked HIS(our lord's) refuge......He din't give a second thought to it even when Jambhavan and other dear devotees din't like the idea. What is the point in reciting Ramayana with immense devotion and not following his values?

So thinking about all these factors I convinced myself to welcome her here happily and to make her feel happy here for the entire 2 years no matter what she says to me.

But then thoughts like..." Ayyoooo she'll put an end to my freedom for 2 yrs...........she'll fight with my husband in a loud voice & spoil our weekend.....She'll insult my bakthi in a very obvious manner"......ALL such thoughts kept haunting me & then I decided ......" NO!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! Why would I be a stupid? Let her take-off wherever! It is her family need! They will have to figure out a better plan and not bother others for their goals."

Then again I couldn't even face Krishna....I couldn't even sit with him & have a cup of coffee....:-(

Then I thought Ok...."Its my responsibility to call her here. How can I stand the fact that one female expected our help and was refused. My lord would never forgive me for this. Whatever it is.....I shall do it for my lord and I shall be happy about it!!!"

See just imagine guys...., It was decided that Lord Rama would be crowned as king. The whole City was rejoicing that night. The kingdom was full of JOY.....everybody were busy in preparing for the GRAND occasion. Rama was obviously happy and so was Sita:-))) The very next morning that is when He was supposed to be a KING he was sent to forest!!!!!!!!!! and HE still went not with a sober face but happily.....happily he accepted his responsibility! HAPPILY he lived in forest and never did he think about missing anything there.....wow!  and are we talking about 2 yrs or 5 yrs here???? NOPE!!!!! 14 whole years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its lame to compare:-( I know!!!! but only for US he taught sooooooooooooooooo much.......din't he??? And he doesn't even expect us to do such Herculean things in life:-)) But little things that we do can be from his teachings right??? For whom did he teach otherwise? 

After thinking about Ramayana deeply, I was so excited about inviting her here....Yes Its my responsibility and even if it is for many years I shall do it happily....when MY LORD is with me why should I worry about anything! HE is all my pleasure!!!! Who would take that away from me??? then why on earth should I even give a second thought to anything? 

I convinced my husband for her to stay here and then we insisted my MIL to invite her here........my MIL was so relieved:-)))) & then I sat and had a wonderful cup of coffee with my krishna......ofcourse we never spoke about such things.......there were better things by then hehehe

The entire episode might be very silly but then you know such things happen in life........lets never give-up his teachings! I am not matured enough to say this....had I been matured enough I wouldn't have blogged about so many confusions that haunted me .....I would have acted matured in the first place:-( But the whole idea of blogging it was that there can be so many frnds like me who are in a dilemma to choose from options "Following his values & pleasing him" or "just acting what the pleasure bound fake mind says" .......just wanted to encourage the 1st option which would give us permanent place in his heart and what better to ask!!!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Navratri :)
    I m so glad to hear your climax. You know, it is very easy to speak of having a magnanimous heart and helping others out no matter how they treat you, but it is equally difficult in practice. Even I have relatives who..hmm...are sorta unmanageable so I definitely understand your point when you speak of hw to cope with your SIL for 2 whole yrs!
    But WALA! I m totally impressed with how you have taken this issue so generously and with a big heart! Yes, who but a Krishna devotee can do this! YOu are right...how can you face Krishna when you know hat you have done is like-selfish? I know the feeling yaar. Anyways, I am wishing you a smooth and happy time with your family! You should really pat yourself on the back for your wise and welcoming decision. I m sure you have made Him joyous with your compassion for your SIL :)
    LOads of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. //Yes, who but a Krishna devotee can do this!//

    hahaha so happy to hear this frm U...I keep asking krishna many times jokingly..."forget abt girl frnd or lover or wife yaaar.....do u consider me as ur devotee in the 1st place?"

    Thanks tanvee for all ur encouraging words...honestly tanvee am not that sweet! Krishna made me...well makes me and still he is trying hard....He molds us everyday na? how sweet of him!

    Luv U too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUEN, excellent post! What a great practical example of how to apply the Lord's teachings in daily life! Surely now everytime we are faced with such situations we will remember this example you have set for us. I'm sure Krishna is very pleased with you - for you are trying to do what He says: to see everyone with an equal eye, to love and respect all living beings, and most importantly, to do everything you do for His pleasure! :)LUEN, excellent post! What a great practical example of how to apply the Lord's teachings in daily life! Surely now everytime we are faced with such situations we will remember this example you have set for us. I'm sure Krishna is very pleased with you - for you are trying to do what He says: to see everyone with an equal eye, to love and respect all living beings, and most importantly, to do everything you do for His pleasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dp..,

    No no dp.....If only I can impress him:-(( This is only my responsibility & even for doing my responsibility I had sooooo many many confusions & self-fish thoughts:-( Finally only HE gave me the right thought to perform my duty well....:-) Otherwise I wud have done wrong things:-(( very wrong thngs!!!! Am just surrendered unto him & that too only with his grace....

    ReplyDelete
  5. in love with krishnaOctober 7, 2011 at 1:20 PM

    hi...what can i say aka!
    u have the most generous mind of a devotee!!
    May Perumal make this phase good and smooth for u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ILWK,

    Thanks de..for all ur wishes:-))

    Love:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bhagavata,
    I do believe that the biggest challenge in the path to true devotion is to move beyond chants/prayers, and applying the philosophies in our daily life. It is one thing to love lord Narayana, but another to live up to the devotion and faith placed in Him. You have just gone up the notch in your spiritual path to even think this way, which is inspirational. Thank you and keep it up! :)
    -Dasyai

    ReplyDelete