Monday, January 31, 2011

Harinama Cintamani, Verses 11.53-57

"O Lord! Be merciful and appear on my tongue in Your holy name; dance there constantly, O Lord! I fall at Your lotus feet and beg You. You may keep me in this world or take me to Your abode, as You please, but whatever You do with me, feed me the divine nectar of Your names. You have descended into this world to distribute the Holy Name, so kindly also consider me one of those You intended to bless. I am the most lowly, whereas You are committed to the uplift of the lowest; this is our eternal relationship, O Savior of the fallen! On the strength of this unbreakable connection between us, O Lord, I beg You to shower me with the nectar of the Holy Name."

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare


Dear devotees, a suggestion would be to read these verses before chanting or engaging in kirtan. Sacinandana Swami read this out before conducting a kirtan in Radhadesh [Belgium] which you can watch at www.mayapur.tv, and it just set the mood brilliantly! A devotee also told me long ago to read writings by other pure devotees, to set the mood for chanting. I have fallen in love with these verses now. It's just beautiful devotion. Nothing more, nothing less. Just loving devotion to Krishna!

2 comments:

  1. //Nothing more, nothing less. Just loving devotion to Krishna! //
    :))
    DP. there IS nothing more than that! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Without Krishna's love, I think I would just die of hopelessness and despair!

    ReplyDelete