Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha? bhajan


This bhajan is very close to my heart as I had written it during a very critical time in my life asking Him why things had to be the way they were. When i was singing it to him it might have been very discordant bcoz of crysinging! But i think he still loves it! (i always see a smile coming onto his face when I sing and ask him, "why this pareeksha?")
PS: sorry for neglecting the blog for a while. I was entangled in my own things :(
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

Jiya roye, mann khabraaye
O! My heart cries in despair,
My mind is scared! 
Yahi sonche, tose poonche
All i can think of, what i do ask you:
Uljane kyu aaye meri ore?
Why do you thus leave me in despair?
Teri leela hai yah bhagya ka jhol?
Is this some game of yours?
Or is this the swing of fate?? 
More kanha kehde mohe kya hai bhagya ki rekha
O My Kanha! Tell me what my lines of fate are
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Nisdin palchhin poonche tose mori bheegi ankhiyaan
Everyday, my wet eyes ask you the same question:
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Oh piya . . . 
O My Love!


Dukh mitjaayenge, sukh ki yeh pagal barsaat hongi
My sorrows will disappear, and will shower on me torrents of happiness
Yeh vishwaas hai ke tose jo har baat ki woh sach hongi
As i believe that what You have promised, WILL come true!
more kanha batade mohe kya hai bithar manvaa
My Kanha! Tell me: what are your thoughts?
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Saanchi tose preet par ghereh jag ki maya
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Oh Piya . . .
O My Love! 

Bawri hoon meh nadan hoon par teri hi bhakt rahungi
Maybe i am reckless, maybe i am mad: Yet, i will remain your devotee!
Na todungi tohri preet, meera kehti thi mein bhi kahungi
Even as Meera declared, i will not give up Your love!
More kanha tose mann ne bhandhan kaisa bandha?
My Kanha! How did this mind get bound to You?
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Tose hi roothu tohri hi sharan dodhu pagli saiyaan
i root for You,
This mad slave is surrendered unto Your Feet! 
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Oh piya . . .
O My Love!  

More mann ke jharokhe me dekhu chhabi sundar shyaam tihari
Within the inner chambers of my heart, i see only Dear Shyaam's sweet, handsome form!
Yuhi rehna sada jeevan me, yahi vinati hai hamari.
Forever stay like this in my heart,
That alone i ask of You! 
More kanha saath tum jo peelu vish ka pyaala
My Kanha! To remain with You, i shall even drink poison!
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
Then,   O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Haaru kaise tohra sang paake oh Sawariya?!
How can i lose after i have Your association i have gained, O Beloved!
Shyaam piya yeh kaisi pareeksha?
 Then,   O Shyam...my Love! Tell me: what kind of a test this?
Oh piya . . .
O My Love!   

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

10 comments:

  1. An English translation, would be good for people my like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanvee,

    I bet he would have loved it:-)))
    I cudn't follow the entire bhajan but cud understand here & there..

    My fav line- Yuhi rehna sada jeevan me, yahi vinati hai hamari.

    Reminds me of a song which I often sing to him.."meri dil me yuhi rehna tum pyaar pyaar banuke..." its been a long time since I have sung this song to him...not in a very romantic mood these days :-( thanks for reminding me of those sweet moments...:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ramesh: @Akka: i have done the little bit i can:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ILWK wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thankx a ton for this! It sounds equally beautiful in english :) How do i pay this debt unto you??...aww...u made me so emotional....

    the line u left "saanch tose preet par ghere jag ki maya" could be translated as:

    ' my devotion to you is genuine but then , i am surrounded with the delusion of this samsara(world) '

    Love you and thanx once again for all your efforts! God Bless xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @loveunarayan: I am very glad to have reminded you of your sweet moments :) yeah that song has been on my mind too recently (funny coincidence!)

    Aaye ho meri zindagi me tum bahar banke,
    Mere dil mein yuhi rehna tum pyar pyar banke.
    O Krishna!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Love With KrishnaJuly 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM

    @tanvee: thanks for the overwhelmingly emotional answer...i thought u'll b a bit thrown off by the translation...
    regarding that line, yes, i couldnt get the meaning, so i left it for u to translate...

    u know...when i translated ur piece, then only i understood the real depth of ur love and devotion...it leaves me spellbound...i thank my psp for blessing me with the association of beautiful devotee friends like u akka, DP, and others from other blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tanvee,

    haaan nice song na?
    Govindha..Meri saathi meri saajan meri sathi yuhi chalna..:-))))

    ILWK---U R such a sweetie pie...aren't you??? Very nice translation de....:-)) beautiful!!!!

    I feel very blessed too to be in association with all you guys...inspires me a LOT. Infact after reading each one of your(ILWK,tanvee & DP) blogs I keep thinking about all your devotion & love. Sometimes I feel I think a lot about andal akka & Meera akka than even the actual hero...the same is with all u guys. Is this kali yugam or what? with all ur blogs, looks like its tretha or dwaapar yugam (of course techy dwaapar yugam with internet facility)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Akka: dwaapar yuga was very hi-tec with nuke bombs and all... :)
    btw, Aandal akka has utsavam from today onwards in psp temple. Daily evening 05:30. First, Aandal will come for a full procession of the Mada Street. Then, she and PSP will sit on oonjal and then maalai maathuvaanga (exchange of maalas).
    Please come and visit everyday if possible.
    It starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw, tanvee, i really love the pic! It really goes with the tune of the song!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all u guys for all the compliments and love u shower on me...makes my not so special talent feel special :) As long as Krishna Lovers live, kaliyug will continue to be dwapar for them.

    @ILWK: I know right! I chose the pic cz Krishna is trying to pacify and make the sulking and depressed Gopi happy. More like how i was when i composed this bhajan.The feeling is too special...beyond words.

    @Loveunarayan and ILWK and DP : U guys say i might inspire u some way but u have no idea how huge an impact your devotion to Krishna has left on me! Whenever i read anything from u all i feel so encouraged to do so much more for my Kanha! U guys rock! love u ppl :D

    ReplyDelete